About the Press Ganey Survey
Press Ganey is a leading provider of patient experience measurement, performance analytics and strategic advisory solutions for health care organizations across the continuum of care. With 30 years of experience, Press Ganey is recognized as a pioneer and thought leader in patient experience measurement and performance improvement solutions. As a strategic business partner, we help health care organizations reduce patient and caregiver suffering and improve the safety, quality and experience of care.
Who receives the survey?
Patients receive a survey within 48 hours of Press Ganey’s receipt of the patient’s physician visit file. This feedback is used to improve every dimension of the patient experience. Intermountain Health’s partnership with Press Ganey helps understand patient needs and support the goal of providing each patient with an exceptional experience of care.
What Questions Does Press Ganey Ask?
Press Ganey questions help address service and communication issues that improve interpersonal actions: attending to the physical and psychological suffering inherent in the care experience; focusing on the various controllable factors that contribute to patient suffering, such as poor communication, lack of compassion and insufficient education; and taking action to correct controllable processes that might contribute to patient discomfort or distress. Press Ganey provides a variety of patient experience surveys that are customized to the service line and setting and include official CAHPS program questions (e.g. CGCAHPS, HCAHPS) as well as additional experience of care questions.
The survey asks questions to understand the patient’s experience of their total care as well as with their care provider. The scores displayed on our website include the following questions about the Care Provider:
- Care Provider’s information about medications
- Friendliness or courtesy of the Care Provider
- Likelihood of recommending the Care Provider
- Care Provider’s explanations of problem or condition
- Care Provider’s concern for questions or worries
- Care Provider’s efforts to include in decisions
- Care Provider’s instructions for follow-up care
- Care Provider spoke using clear language
- Time the Care Provider spent with the patient
- Patients’ confidence in Care Provider
- Care Provider had info from specialist doctors
- Rating of Care Provider
- Why do some provider not have ratings displayed?
We do not show ratings for providers that do not work within primary care, cardiology, oncology or endocrinology. We also do not show ratings for providers with less than 30 survey responses, as it is not statistically significant.